Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The One Where I Got a Brazilian

(Get yer dirty minds out of the gutter. Like I would EVER tell ANYONE if I got a Brazilian)

This past weekend was Doug's 18th anniversary of his 21st birthday (i.e. he's older than me!) AND our 12th wedding anniversary, so we decided, being such romantics at heart, to combine the events and go out to dinner. I had to find us a babysitter since all three of ours had the nerve to go to college, but we found an old babysitter of ours (love Facebook) and she came to watch the kids so we could go out.

We pretty much stick to what we know and go to the same places for our anniversary~our favorite pizza place, our favorite fancy restaurant~so this year we looked for something different. A colleague of Doug's mentioned that he went to this new steakhouse on the waterfront in Portland. He said it was a fixed price dinner, all you can eat, and that he loved it. So, we decided to try it out.

Gauchos is a Brazilian steakhouse and holy cow (no pun intended) did it live up to the ravings. You get to place a card on your table with either the green side up (meaning "please keep bringing me food until I absolutely burst") or the red side (meaning "oh my god so much food in mah belly I may die"). We got offered steak, pork, turkey, chicken, more steak (oh my the steak was yummy), sausage. The salad bar was enormous but I only ate a little because I'd heard about all the delicious meats we were going to be eating and I needed room. We even saved room for dessert and Starbucks coffee. It was a really great dinner, despite the absolutely obnoxious man at the table next to us who was louder ALL BY HISSELF than the 2 large groups in the tables behind him. We happen to have a knack for being seated near really obnoxious people no matter where we go. It's a gift I tell you.

So while I'll never tell you if I got a Brazilian, I will definitely tell you that my Brazilian dinner was fab. Here's to another 12 years Doug!

9 comments:

brooke b said...

YUM!! Sounds like a great night. Congrats on all the years married. And on the big bday for Doug. :)

AndreAnna said...

I love those places!!!

Glad you had a good night out and happy birthday to Doug and happy anniversary to you both!

Unknown said...

First, I'm a new reader of yours!

Second, I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I love the way you write!! I am so glad you had a wonderful night together, and that does sound YUM!

Can't wait to read more!

Thia said...

Happy Anniversary.

creative kerfuffle said...

happy anniversary! the restaurant sounds yummy! and i totally think you should tell us if you get a brazillian! dude--i want a play by play of how badly it hurts. i'd tell you if i got one (which is never ever going to happen, i can't even stand to have my eyebrows waxed).

Robyn said...

I'm glad you had such a nice night - Happy Anniversary (and b-day to Doug)!

Kellie said...

I love to eat at places like this!

Happy Anniversary! Glad the two of you got some time to yourselves :)

Tulip and Turnip said...

Heeheehee....still laughing about the brazilian thing. Some bloogers would write about it AND post photos. :)

So glad you had fun! That sounds like an amazing meal. Happy Anniversary!

Brazilian Waxings said...

I'd like to hear about if you got that Brazilian Wax. I'm sure Doug would enjoy that just as much, if not more.